bellcate School’s Vocational Program
bellcate’s Voc Jr. program exists to serve bellcate students ages 11-14. Voc Jr. focuses on life skills and employment skills, development and training. bellcate School program guides facilitate learning within established routines by providing direct instruction and guidance. Development and training opportunities in our Voc Jr. Program include, but are not limited to:
● CSA’s (community service assignments)
● bellcate job Jr.s (school related daily jobs)
● Workhorse Jr. (introduction to seasonal landscaping)
● TradesJr. ( introduction to the trades).
bellcate’s Voc Sr. program exists to serve bellcate students ages 15-22. Voc Sr. focuses on assessment, training and evaluation towards the development of transferable life skills and employment skills. Starting at the age of 15 students will begin developing their post secondary education plans with bellcate’s Transition Coordinator. It is through this process that student needs and interests are assessed and students are placed in related Voc Sr. training opportunities. Through these training opportunities, students will be evaluated and matched with their most successful work environment for participation in community-based competitive employment. Training opportunities in our Voc Sr. Program include, but are not limited to:
● CSA Sr.
● bellcate job Sr
● Trades Sr.
● Workhorse Internship (unpaid introduction to seasonal landscaping within a work crew)
● Workhorse Paid Employment (a bellcate School landscaping company that provides students with on the job direction and supervision working as paid employees)
● Raven’scroft Apprenticeship (a three season, unpaid introduction to maple sugaring from installation to boiling)
● Internship (through our transition teams established relationships with community business’ , bellcate students are provided unpaid opportunities to explore employment interests and develop skills)
● Work Experience (through our transition teams established relationship with Vocational Rehabilitation and VABIR, bellcate students are provided time limited paid opportunities to explore employment interests and develop skills)
● Paid Employment (through our transition team, relationships with community business, Voc Rehab and VABIR bellcate students have the opportunity to obtain paid employment)